Meet Your Tallmade Orthodontist
Dr. Belli has earned the respect of many local doctors, having treated many of them and their families. As an educator and nationally recognized leader, Dr. Belli continues to share his experience and dedication to the advancement of orthodontics.
Dr. Belli received his undergraduate, dental, and specialty training at The Ohio State University, and has been creating beautiful smiles in the Kent community for more than 25 years.
Dr. Laura Streit has been providing excellence in orthodontic care to our community for the past 12 years.
Dr. Streit is a board-certified orthodontist, which distinguishes her as a provider of the highest level of care for her patients. She has been selected by her orthodontic peers to serve as Program Chair to the Cleveland Board of Orthodontists.
Dr. Streit is also an active member of the Spear Study Group, which provides a forum for progressive local dental professionals to collaborate on multidisciplinary cases.
Why an Orthodontist in Tallmade?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, they have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Tallmade Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Tallmade orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Tallmade orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Belli & Streit Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Tallmade area.